But, here is the deal. Praying God’s Word and protection for your children is essential in training them and fostering a healthy and God-centered life. When we become parents, we are in it for the long haul, so no matter what the age of your children, never stop praying for those whom God has given you care over whether they are your own children, your step-children, your God-children, or any child God has entrusted into your care. And remember, praying for your children does not stop once your children become adults. Parenting and praying is a lifetime commitment.And, if you haven’t been praying for your children, it is not too late. I implore you to start now cultivating a Godly character in your children and their children through your prayers.
1. That they will know Christ as Savior early in life. Psalm 63:1; 2 Timothy 3:15.
2. That they will have a hatred for sin. Psalm 97:10.
3. That they will be caught when guilty. Psalm 119:71.
4. That they will be protected from the evil one in each area of their lives: spiritual, emotional, and physical. John 17:15.
5. That they will have a responsible attitude in all their interpersonal relationships. Daniel 6:3.
6. That they will respect those in authority over them. Romans 13:1.
7. That they will desire the right kinds of friends and be protected from the wrong friends. Proverbs 1:10, 11.
8. That they will be kept from the wrong mate and saved for the right one. 2 Corinthians 6:14-17.
9. That they, as well as those they marry; will be kept pure until marriage. 1 Corinthians 6:18-20.
10.That they will learn to totally submit to God and actively resist Satan in all circumstances. James 4:7.
11.That they will be single-hearted – willing to be sold out to Jesus. Romans 12:12.
12.That they will be hedged in so they cannot find their way to wrong people or wrong places and that the wrong people cannot find their way to them. Hosea 2:6
|All Grown Up!|
Photo by Lindsay Elizabeth Photography
Praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication. To that end keep alert with all perseverance, making supplication for all the saints.
Ephesians 6:18 ESV [Praying always]
Continue steadfastly in prayer, being watchful in it with thanksgiving.Colossians 4:2 ESV [Continue in prayer]
Pray without ceasing.1 Thessalonians 5:17 ESV [Pray without ceasing]
Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.Romans 12:12 ESV [Continue steadfastly in prayer]
Dear Heavenly Father, let me always remember to pray for my children and those under my care. Give them protection, security, and love as they mature and grow into the person You want them to be. Nurture their character so they will be honest, good, and sensitive to your Holy Spirit. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
To receive notification when new blogs are posted on this site, please fill in your email address in the “Follow by Email” block on the upper left portion of this blog. And don’t forget COMMENTS on the blog or on Facebook are always welcome. Also, you can share this blog by clicking on the links below, i.e. Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Google+, and more.
Books by Patti Londa Greene
Awaken Me: a devotional prayer journalGod, It’s Me: 181 Days for Young Adults to Become Passionate about Prayer and Bible Study