Okay, I just can't help it! It is just me being me, but when I read the Bible I like to look for odd things - some may call them fun facts or plain 'ol Bible trivia. I am not necessarily looking for odd things, but they just glare out at me - those neat little tidbits that usually make me chuckle or make me say to myself, "You've got to be kidding!"
So, I thought I would share some of my most recent finds with you. You will need to get out your Bible though, because YOU will need to look up the answers unless you are a Bible scholar and whiz right though the test! And, I know you will be so enlightened that you will want to highlight them in your Bible for further reference. LOL.
1. Name the four items every guest room should have? Read 2 Kings 4:8-9.
2. Why should you never make fun of a bald man? What happened? Read 2 Kings 2:23-24.
3. What things make a woman beautiful? Read Isaiah 3:18-23.
4. Who in the Bible built both a pool and a tunnel. Read 2 Kings 20-20-21.
5. What caused Daniel's face to turn pale? Read Daniel 7:28.
6. What was far whiter than any earthly bleach? Read Mark 9:3.
Feel free to use these in any Bible Trivia games you might play at home or in a class!
Author, Awaken Me: A Devotional Prayer Journal, c2013.